Open Access Week 2013, now in its sixth year, is celebrated during 21 – 27 October 2013.
This global week provides the academic and research community the opportunity to learn more about the benefits of Open Access and share what they have learned with colleagues and peers.
Learn more about the week on the official website: www.openaccessweek.org
Become involved in Open Access Week 2013:
|Register for our free online webinar|
1. Open Access reimagined. 21 October 2013, 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM, GMT +2
The lighted torch that passes from hand to hand: rethink and reengineered Open Access.
2. Open Access quality or quantity. 23 October 2013, 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM, GMT +2
The value of quota is to be estimated in weight of thought, and not in number of words` - Alfred North Whitehead (1967)
3. Open Access content in eLearning: Be informed. 24 October 2013, 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM, GMT +2
Learn more about the open access license, the advantages and challenges it holds when using open access content in your eLearning courses and see an example of effective implementation.
|Print, display and distribute the following open access journal posters within your department, laboratory or library|
1. Healthcare journals: African Journal of Primary Health Care & Family Medicine (PHCFM), Health SA Gesondheid, Curationis, African Journal of Disability, African Journal of Laboratory Medicine and Open Journal of Implant Dentistry.
2. Engineering journals: International Journal of Machine Learning and Application and Journal of Transport and Supply Chain Management.
3. Social sciences journals: SA Journal of Industrial Psychology, Jàmbá: Journal of Disaster Risk Studies, South African Journal of Information Management, SA Journal of Human Resource Management, Koers, Literator, African Evaluation Journal and Acta Commercii.
5. Veterinary journals: Onderstepoort Journal of Veterinary and Journal of the South African Veterinary Association.
|Enrol for our free CPD courses, only available for free enrolment during 21 – 27 October 2013|