AOSIS OpenJournals is a commercial publisher of peer-reviewed scholarly journals, covering a wide range of academic disciplines. It is a division of African Online Scientific Information Systems (Pty) Ltd, a private company incorporated in South Africa, founded in 1999, with its roots in online continuing professional development (CPD) for several professions. In 2005 it extended its services to incorporate scholarly publishing services. To learn more about African Online Scientific Information Systems (Pty) Ltd (AOSIS), please visit www.aosisgroup.com.
Scholarly publishing is changing continually, and the transition from print to the electronic medium of publishing, and toll access to open access, are moving at a fast pace. We strive to understand and adapt to the trends and forces that will shape the future of our industry.
AOSIS OpenJournals enables scholarly journals to take full advantage of the opportunities unlocked by electronic publishing and open access. Through our comprehensive and modern publication practices and technological expertise we realise each journal’s full potential, and improve their scientific impact whilst upholding international publishing standards and ethical practices.
Learn more about AOSIS OpenJournals’ achievements.
Our vision is a thriving African continent, achieving the highest standards of scholarly activity, making substantial contributions to human development and the alleviation of human poverty and suffering. Our vision is to contribute significantly by making excellent research which is relevant to and/or completed in Africa freely and immediately available to the world.
In order to achieve our vision we subscribe to the following principles.
- Access: provide easy, immediate and unrestricted access to published work.
- Balance: ensure a balance between quality and comprehensiveness of the research record.
- Ethics: maintain international ethical standards in science and scholarship.
- Impact: shape and add value to journals and promote the dissemination of authors’ work.
- Quality: safeguard the integrity of the peer review process.
- People: promote a positive and energised work environment, leading to happy employees and excellent service to our customers.
- Partners: build and maintain long-term relationships with title owners, editors, authors and readers.
- Planet: utilise practices and technologies that will reduce the impact of our industry on the environment.
- Pricing: preserve the production of quality content and its affordability to the community we serve.
- Productivity: remain a highly effective and fast-moving organisation.
- Preservation: ensure safe preservation of our content for the generations to come.