Do you have an idea or perceive a need for a new scholarly journal? Join our publishing house and start participating in our streamlined new journal creation process. We will realise your ideas and create a new open access journal in the shortest possible time.
What criteria are considered when starting a new open access journal?
The scope of the journal needs to be detailed and specific. AOSIS OpenJournals will publish journals that:
- build on emerging fields of study
- supplement fields with limited publishing opportunities
- enhance communication within existing research communities
- support global research
- stimulate dialogue to evolving key audiences.
What is AOSIS OpenJournals editorial structure?Journals by AOSIS OpenJournals are overseen by the Editor-in-Chief, with assistance from an expert advisory editorial team. Ultimate responsibility for the content of the journals published by AOSIS OpenJournals lies with the Editor-in-Chief.
Where do I start?
To discuss launching an Open Access journal in partnership with AOSIS OpenJournals, please draft a confidential proposal document and contact us.
What are the elements of a confidential journal proposal?
The more detail you provide, the better we will be able to understand and assist you. The journal proposal needs to explain in short:
- proposed tile of the journal
- the rationale and need for the new journal
- the focus of your journal
- how the journal will position itself in relation to existing publications
- how the journal will serve a specific new or evolving research community
- expected types of content/sections to be published in the journal
- who will be involved, and a full Curriculum Vitae of a proposed Editor-in-Chief
- how this new journal will be funded, particularly during the first 3 years.